The best guide for designing story-filled locations
Where do the PCs go when they enter town? Inns, taverns and restaurants of course! But after dozens of such encounters in your games, these places have lost their novelty and excitement. It's time to shake things up.
Make it impossible for your players to take the table in the back corner by designing a round tower tavern. Tired of characters doing the cliche thing of never sitting with their back to the door? Design a jungle-themed room with four doors!
This 141 page book shows you how to create cool, interesting and cunning locations for better storytelling. Written by award-winning industry veteran Johnn Four, you will discover advanced GMing techniques including:
- A complete urban location stat block and how to flesh it out to create unique inns, taverns and restaurants
- How to design for locations for better encounters, adventures and stories
- The secret ingredients for adding dice-grabbing conflicts to location scenes
- How to create food menus and services - and how to price them!
- Populating your locations with realistic employees who add to the story
In addition, the book contains a horde of tables to inspire you:
- 50 Room Quirks
- 100 Interesting Patrons
- 100 Interesting Events
- 50 Intriguing Fantasy Business Themes
- Random Name Generator (10,000 names)
- Menu Generator including exotic meat
- And several other tables
Next time the PCs hit the tavern, surprise them with a place that's alive with activity and oozes atmosphere and story.
Click Add To Cart to get GM Mastery: Inns & Taverns today and discover how to design the most important locations in your towns.